Have you ever had a flat tire? That loud unexpected noise can be terrifying. But once you navigate safely to the side of the road, do you know how to change your tire? There is more than 200,000 request roadside assistance for flat tires every year. If you don’t want to wait around to get help with your used Hyundai, then use these tips from O’Brien Hyundai of Fort Myers to change your tire.
Change your flat tire
Once you’ve pulled off the road, then it’s time to gear up to change your flat tire. First, turn on your hazard lights and set your parking brake. Next, grab your safety supplies from your trunk. Set up additional lighting or flares to help alert other drivers. Then, carry your tools and spare tire over to your work area. Install tire wedges before starting any work on your car.
- Loosen the lug nuts on the flat tire.
- Raise the car up on the jack.
- Remove the lug nuts and place in a secure spot.
- Pull off the tire and replace it with the spare.
- Put the lug nuts back in and hand-tighten them.
- Lower your car to the ground.
- Finish tightening the lug nuts and check your spare for proper inflation.
Call your Hyundai dealership near me in Ft Myers
With millions of flat tires occurring every year, it’s very possible it’ll happen to you. That’s why it’s essential to be prepared for this common problem. You’ll find excellent tire service at a Hyundai dealership near me in Ft. Myers. Our team at O’Brien Hyundai of Fort Myers can assist you by repairing or replacing your flat tire. Give our team a call at 239-232-6416.